Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Miracle Fortress on Brick Lane

Well, last night combined two of my loves: one from home (Canada's Miracle Fortress) with one from my new home (London's Brick Lane). Graham Van Pelt and his cast of musical magicians were hitting up 93 Feet East yesterday evening, and I was lucky enough to get on the guest list thanks to connections at The Beaver.

Virginia and I headed over early and hung out in the bar for a bit, where they had a monthly arts night going on (arts & crafts, book club, poetry slam, etc). Cool, chill people (I love East London), and the girls that organize it actually work at the Tate Modern, my beloved neighbour. 
I was feeling pretty shitty last night, but the concert was still pretty magical.  I love Miracle Fortress so much, and they make me want to try Montreal one more time.  They make me want to roll around in cotton candy and dance till the sugar melts. 

No comments: