Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Notting Hill & Beyond: A Lovely Autumn Day in London

Jelena and I decided we had spent enough time in the library reading (or pretending to), and decided to take a day off to explore Notting Hill.  It was sunny and crisp; a beautiful fall day.

We walked up and down Portobello Rd, had some coffees and snacks, and then walked back to central London through Hyde Park, which - in the peak of fall - couldn't have been lovelier.

We topped off the evening with dinner at a veggie/vegan restaurant in Covent Garden called Food For Thought, which came highly recommended by my friend's Christian and Susan.  The lines scared me away last time I walked by, but we managed to squeeze in this evening.  

I've been having a really rough time being a vegetarian here, since I don't have any kitchen access, and I'm (theoretically) living on a budget.  This has meant that I've mainly been eating cold sandwiches and salads, and have NOT been getting a very balanced diet.  But tonight I had winter root vegetable mash with wild mushrooms and vegetables.  It was a piping hot bowl of veggie love, and exactly what I needed.  I love you, Food For Thought!  I will see you soon!

4 comments:

Jordan Soet said...

What? You don't have access to any kitchen??? That sucks, you should at least get like a mini-fridge or something for your room...

Trent said...

No I don't - it's the worst. A friend of mine has a mini fridge I may be able to use, I just have to pay for a cab from Camden Town to get it here, and then pay an electricity fee.

But yes, I NEED something.

Jordan Soet said...

Geez, can't you just take it on the tube? ;) I'm sure people have taken worse.

Trent said...

Apparently it's like, 20 kilos.